Canada Greener Homes Initiative
Natural Resources Canada is providing funds for home evaluations and energy efficient retrofits, to a total of up to $5,600.
As part of the initiative, you have access to:
- Grants from $125 to $5,000 to get a part of your costs back for eligible home retrofits.
- Up to $600 as a maximum contribution toward the total costs of your pre- and post-retrofit energy evaluations.
- Interest-free loans of up to $40,000 with a repayment term of 10 years to help you undertake major home retrofits.
It is important that you read all eligibility criteria and grant requirements to be sure that you will qualify for the grant at the end of the process. You must undertake an EnerGuide evaluation pre- and post-retrofit to be eligible for the retrofit grant.
- Home insulation
- Windows and doors
- Heat pumps
- Renewable energy
- Resiliency measures
- Leased or rented equipment
- Air conditioners
- Tankless or gas storage water heaters
How It Works
Check your eligibilty on the Natural Resources Canada website.
Register to the Canada Greener Homes Program and wait for your application to be approved by Natural Resources Canada.
Complete a pre-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation with Sun Ridge Residential.
Complete at least one retrofit that is both eligible and recommended by your energy advisor in their report. Retrofits completed without having an evaluation completed first are not eligible for the grant.
Book your post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation with Sun Ridge Residential and apply for the grant.
Provide and keep copies of all of your home evaluation and retrofit documents until March 31, 2028.
Receive your grant. You will receive an email asking you to confirm your grant total. Once you confirm your grant total online, you will receive your cheque in the mail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note: homes over 2,500 sq. ft. are subject to a $100 energy evaluation surcharge.